2011 ISN Annual Users Conference: Speaker Edwin G. Foulke, Jr.
Welcome to ISN’s 2011 Annual Users Conference. One of our speakers, Ed Foulke, highlights many important safety topics in his presentation, entitled“13 Ways to Improve Your Safety Program While Increasing Your Productivity and Profitability”.
Mr. Foulke discusses the importance of prioritizing safety and health in your company. He says that it is not only the right thing to do, but allows employees to go home each night safely, is legally required, and essential for a company to be profitable and competitive in today’s marketplace. He goes on to share the penalties paid by companies who violate acceptable health and safety protocols.
Mr. Foulke shares 13 ways that companies can improve their safety programs while still increasing productivity and profitability:
- Determine Your Vulnerability Under OSHA’s New Priorities
- Audit Your Company’s OSHA Recordkeeping
- Audit Your Workplace for Routine Violations
- Review Abatement of All Past OSHA Citations
- Prepare for OSHA’s Revised Approach to Ergonomics Enforcement
- Use Job Safety Analysis to Focus Workplace Safety and Health Strategy
- Make Safety the #1 Goal from the Floor to the “C” Suite
- Utilize Safety as a Profit Center
- Develop Emergency Action Plans to Deal with the Inevitable
- Protect Company’s Wellness Plan from Potential Liability
- Understand Implications of OSHA’s Multi-Employer Citation Policy
- Avoid Membership in OSHA’s Severe Violators Enforcement Program
- Solve Other Problems by Solving Safety Problems
By keeping employee safety and health as your company’s priority, you ensure your safety programs are continuously improving, resulting in more time to focus on productivity and the growth of your company.